Sunday, March 28, 2010

Crafters Poem

Crafts are here, crafts are there.



My crafts supplies are everywhere.



I really should clean this mess,



But I like it, I confess.







Floor is littered, chairs are piled,



Kitchens looking pretty wild,



On the table, counter too,



Seems that any place will do.







Hall is stacked with cartons high,



Filled with things folks like to buy.



Garage is full, but so far.....



There's still room to park the car.







I never have an idle day,



New ideas come my way.



Don't know yet what I'll create,



But my imagination's great.







My family smiles, they don't complain,



Although at times I am a pain.



But when all is said and done,



I really am a crafty one.







(Author Unknown)



~~~
WOW does the first part of this poem fit me!!! I seem to have craft supplies everywhere. Once in awhile my husband goes in my craft room and sorts it out. Then I have to find what I need. My table in there gets awfully crowded.
Hopefully after I drop the dog off at the groomers tomorrow I can do some work on the HBS contest piece. I have my ideas and supplies for the outside of the building. I have to remember measure twice and cut once!!Now that Gertie has a few things to keep her occupied I can work on the contest without her glaring at me!
We are suppose to be into the 60's by the end of the week! Already the plants are sticking their heads out of the ground! This is such an exciting time of the year. You never know if your plants have all survived the winter. Usually we are very lucky, but you never count on them all as it all depends on what kind of winter we had. Pretty mild one this year so I don't think too many had too much of a problem. Dailey walks around the yard are a must as there seems to be something new everyday. We have a new (to us) nusery about 2 hours from here that we want to check out this year. More native plants then most places that we go to. We love to go around the state and find different plants. Some of our plants that we have we bought years before they were offered here in our part of the state. It keeps it interesting to try new plants. We might have to have a plant sale next year as our daylilies are going to need to be devided. We are also enlarging our planting space. We don't have alot of lawn left, just enough to have green space. About 1/4 is left of what we once had. The rest is flower and veggie gardens, mostly flower gardens. But it is GREAT to have all that color for months, especially after seeing white for so many months. Of course that all comes with a price....we have to haul mega amounts of mulch this year. We have it delivered as we don't have a truck and then we move it all to the beds. But it will all look so nice and fresh again!
Well, if I want to get to sleep earlier then the past few nights I had better end here. Have a great day everyone. Hugs, Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the first part fits me also so well - I have my stuff all over and can't find anything...

    Your garden sounds wonderful, you have to post some pics :) I love gardening also, we'll see what have survived this winters really cold temperatures, I hope that my not-hardy roses are fine.

    Ira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate perfectly to that poem. Someone must have a hidden camera in my house and I inspired them to write it! And my daylilies will need divding here, too this year but as we have a lot of landscaping to do, we'll just plant some here and there. My DH found some Formosa azaleas (the larger blooms and shrubs) on sale for $1.88 at Lowe's and so he spent the day yesterday planting at least a dozen or so! It will be a while before they are big enough for a really good showing but hopefully they will get established this year.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete