Sunday, February 14, 2010

More Tuscan

Today I picked up the crock that I was debating on yesterday. I also picked up a basket with apples in it that has grapes painted on the side.
 I also put fruit in one of the pieces I bought yesterday. I think it needs a little something in the middle yet. Not sure what yet. I am thinking either some blak olives sticking up here and there or another piece of fruit. I am thinking if anything just a few small pieces here and there. Something to break up the yellow, green and orange.


Here are the 2 pieces I picked up today. I am not sure if I will add more fruit to the box or just use the box. It is going to be on top of the hutch and if I don't add fruit the fruit won't be seen. I might just use the box though as I like the picture of the grapes and adding fruit may take away from the painting. Any suggestions for the 2 questions I have. More fruit or something in the bowl/urn and what about the box?
This is the material and fringe. The fringe will go on top. I bought piping to go on the bottom. The material was 1/2 off and I had a 40% coupon for the fringe. There will also be enough left over for either place mats or a round piece for the middle of the table. We have a round table. Not sure what I want to do yet. I will have to see just how much material I have left. I think I will have a yard and a 1/2 left over if not more. I bought extra in case I need to match the pattern.
Have I mentioned that I love sales, coupons and consignments shops? I saved alot at the fabric store and the consignment shop. I think the paint cost more then anything else put together. But then again we have a gallon off paint left over. We might do the hallway yet. It won't go to waste.

1 comment:

  1. love what you found and the jug isjust like one I have. I too am a thrift store shopper and take some of my better things to a local consignment store...
    Sounds like you had a good day..happy Valentine's Day

    ReplyDelete