Wednesday, October 20, 2010

1/144th scale, mini cabnet/deskand rummage sale find.

This is a 1/144th scale building that I made years ago. I look at it now and wonder how I did it. I looked at a kit lately and realized that my eyes and fingers don't work in this scale anymore! LOL. It was fun to landscape it. I built in car display base, which was nice as the cover keeps the dust off. It was pictured in a mini magazine years ago. That was fun to see it in the magazine. Too be young and and have eyes and fingers that still work in this scale!
This is a cabnet/desk that I bought from Manor House Miniatures. They have specials every week and I paid $12.99 for it. Original price is $24.00. I love it! All those tiny drawers, etc. I want to make my Victoria's Farmhouse more on the fancy side so this will fit in perfectly. That house will probably be my last really big house as I don't have room for any more big houses. But of course I have to finish my HBS contest build and The Bellingham Farmhouse before I can even think about building that one! But it doesn't hurt to be thinking ahead.
I always have dreamed about doing the Westville by Greenleaf some day. I love that house. But with the kits I already have I can't see adding one more. But it is fun to dream! I have an arrow in the box that I bought at a yard sale and the Victoria's Farmhouse kit to do. That will keep me busy for awhile. Especially now that I work full-time. The Westville will probably be a special treat some day. I also have a Sweetheart kit that I bought at a consignment shop that I want to do for donation. I will work on that one next year. I would never get it done in time to donate for Christmas this year. Don't mind me, I am kind of wondering around with this post.
This is some pieces that I bought at a rummage sale in our dept at work. The past 2 years we have had a rummage sale and the money goes for food for a shelter. So far we have about $180. That is by us buying each others cast offs.  I love the design. They are a small sized set. I like the size and it reminds me of a set from my childhood. Well that is about all that is new here. Hugs, Teresa

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have plenty to keep you busy for a while, Teresa! :)

    Cia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything the 1/144 house, the cabnet/desk, and the suger and creamer set and your blob.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 1/144 scale house. I want to try to make one but I haven't had the time yet. I love seeing yours! I have to put this on my todo list!!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little house. I'm getting ready to landscape mine. I really don't know where to start but you've given me some great ideas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house and the cabinet are so lovely. You are a very talented (and patient) lady.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete