Monday, May 10, 2010

20 yards of mulch later and other thoughts

My husband and I bought 20 yards of mulch for all of our gardens (flower) and still came up a little short! (I wonder how many wheel barrow loads we each did???) We did create a new bed so that one took alot of mulch. We have 3 narrow beds that can still use mulch, but that will be next year probably. He worked on it when I was at work on thurs and saturday morning while I was asleep. But I helped all sat. afternoon and evening. Everything looks so nice now. I slept late on sat. morning because of some issues at work and couldn't sleep well the two nights before.  I did talk to my supervisor and hopefully some of the issues will be taken care of. I hate when things build up like that and you really feel like not going in. If nothing else I got some things said that needed to be said. It is hard for me to complain, but sometimes you just have to. Especially when it comes to our moral. Funny how a couple of people can make it hard for others. At this point I wasn't the only one to go to him about them. Alot of my co-workers did also. But life goes on and we survive it.
We had a snow storm friday! It was very hard to see when driving home. It stuck to the grass, but was mostly gone by mid morning. The mulch got covered but the inner layers stayed dry so it wasn't a big deal. It was a very pretty snow. Large fluffy flakes. Almost felt more like December. But it can stay away now! LOL.
I hope everyone had a great mothers day. We went to my mom's on saturday night. We bought her some solar lights for around her garden and patio. She was happy with them.  At almost 81 it is hard to figure out what to get her as she is trying to down size. But I know she had mentioned wanting some solar lights.
One of our gardens from last year.
Have a great day, hugs, Teresa

3 comments:

  1. You've done hard work in the garden :) I should be weeding and cleaning the borders, but it's been raining for 4 days now and don't feel like gardening as it's so wet and cold.

    Hope that your issues at work get solved,

    Ira

    ReplyDelete
  2. El jardin te ha quedado precioso!!!
    Espero que soluciones los problemas laborales.
    Me alegro que hayas disfrutado del dia de la madre y a tu mama le haya gustado tanto su regalo
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garden looks lovely. 20 yards of mulch oh my...that is a lot lol.

    Glad you got the work issue sorted.

    ReplyDelete