Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Senoir citizen now!

Well at least in some stores and restaurants! I will be 55 on Thanksgiving! For the past year my husband has been reminding me that I can get senior citizens deals soon. He is so funny...not. I really don't mind getting older though. It hit me more when I was 29 going on 30 for some reason. Isn't that weird?
My husband bought me the color nook e-reader for my birthday and Christmas. I can't wait to set it up! It looks interesting. Especially if I can get my e-mails on it. It will also be nice that I will be able to listen to books as I am working on miniatures! I LOVE books! and now that I can listen and mini at the same time I am in 7th heaven!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and those of you who don't celebrate it where you are have a wonderful day! Hugs, Teresa
A friend sent me this...I love it.

To realize

The value of a sister/brother

Ask someone

Who doesn't have one.



To realize

The value of ten years:

Ask a newly

Divorced couple.



To realize

The value of four years:

Ask a graduate.



To realize

The value of one year:

Ask a student who

Has failed a final exam.


To realize

The value of nine months:

Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.



To realize

The value of one month:

Ask a mother

Who has given birth to a premature baby..



To realize

The value of one week:

Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.



To realize

The value of one minute:

Ask a person

Who has missed the train, bus or plane.



To realize

The value of one-second:

Ask a person

Who has survived an accident.



Time waits for no one.

Treasure every moment you have.



You will treasure it even more when

You can share it with someone special.



To realize the value of a friend or family member:

LOSE ONE.



The origin of this letter is unknown,

But it brings good luck to everyone who passes it on.



Remember....



Hold on tight to the ones you love!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday xxx

    It gripes me that I'll be considered a senior 10 years younger here than I would were I still living in England where the senior age is 65 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, You taught me something today; I'm a senior and I didn't know it! I guess I better start taking advantage of those good deals! Seriously, though, I appreciate your vignette about time. Hope your Thanksgiving was good!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete