Sunday, June 27, 2010

Question?

I want to do a winter scene and am wondering what everyone uses for snow. Ground and on the building it's self. All my other builds have grass so I would like to do something different. I probably won't get to that part until fall so hoping I can get something then or before if I get some ideas from you. But then I would really have to be working on this project wouldn't I? I have been so lazy lately. I did do some work on the interior walls last weekend. But my husband was off this weekend so I didn't get anything more done on it. I received the window that I ordered for it so I can finish the outside treatment, then paint or stain it. I just haven't decided on how old I want the building to be. HBS contest, SHHH!  Gerties house (Bellingham Farmhouse) is also waiting for work to be done on it. Lucky that Gertie is so patient. LOL.
The gardens are doing great. Most plants are blooming at least 2 weeks early. Some of the taller flowers have to be staked now as we have been having some driving rains and they got knocked over. Luckily none of the stems broke. But it is so colorful, it lifts the spirits just to walk around out there.
We bought Alice In Wonderland today and watched it tonight. It was very good.
Well back to work tomorrow. Weeknds go by so fast. Jeff is coming down with a nasty cold. I hope it doesn't last to long. These summer colds are the worst. Hug, Teresa

4 comments:

  1. Teresa, Deluxe Materials do a product called Scenic Snow. Here's the link to their web site:-
    http://www.deluxematerials.com/ its under the miniature tab. Hope that helps..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help you with snow but Debbie is quite knowledgeable. Also, there is a cute You Tube video with a dollhouse decorated for Christmas and it is covered in 'snow' but I am not sure he says what he used.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Debbie. I will have to check it out.
    Jody I think I saw that vidio also. I think he used bakind powder or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote Scenic Snow also - it's pretty good. You can get it just about anywhere that sells dolls house DIY supplies.

    ReplyDelete